NamSouth NamSouth

"Well, Govan, if we must die, let us die like men."
Gen. Patrick R. Cleburne

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

The Nation Continues It's Slide Into The Abyss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NamSouth Forum Index -> MAIN (No Longer Active)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btownsend
Site Admin

PostPosted:     Post subject: The Nation Continues It's Slide Into The Abyss Reply with quote

(A pitiful example/reminder of the depths to which our once honorable nation has succumbed. BT)

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -- Paris Hilton spent her final hours of freedom in familiar territory on Sunday, front and center at a celebrity event near Hollywood -- as people cheered her upcoming incarceration.

The socialite, who is due to report to a Los Angeles jail by Tuesday to serve 23 days for driving-related probation violation, was on hand at the MTV Movie Awards, smiling stoically in the face of jokes at her expense.

The ceremony's host, Sarah Silverman, drew loud cheers just by mentioning her upcoming date with the law.

The raunchy comedian joked that the bars of Hilton's cell would be painted like penises to make her feel more comfortable, but noted: "I just worry that she's going to break her teeth on those things."[/i]
Val Proto

PostPosted:     Post subject: Reply with quote

A nation is known by those whom it elevates to the status of 'idols'. What we see today is the state of our culture when such sad souls are considered worthy of attention, never mind adulation. I feel sorry for this girl whose whole life has been without discipline and boundaries. No wonder she doesn't know which end is up and seeks affirmation and affection from casual sex and drugs. Frankly, she is more sinned against than sinning because i doubt very much if she ever had the kind of parental care that might have made her a better person.
btownsend
Site Admin

Val:

I agree wholeheartedly with your parent response. In fact, if I remember correctly, they stated that they approved of her sex video being released!
Val Proto

Sadly, the understanding people have today of being parents (and, of course, this is not universal) is not what my mother and her mother and her mother's mother had. Of course, what can we expect when abortion has made young women judge a child's value by whether or not it is 'wanted'. If you want it, it's a baby; if you don't, it's a 'fetus' a 'product of conception', a mass of tissues etc. It isn't far from this way of thinking to the way of thinking in which parents give the kid $50 and tell him to go to the mall to get him out of the way. And, of course, a child today may have two or three or more sets of parents and squared that number of grandparents. It's a very sad situation.

In my pro-life ministry in the Orthodox Church, I gave presentations and one of the things I learned about abortion is how many parents shoved their daughters into the killing mills to 'solve the problem' of an 'unwanted pregnancy'. These were their grandchildren for God's sake and the health of their daughters (we have no idea what percentage of women have died from 'safe, legal abortions').

If a so-called parent is willing to place his or her child in deadly danger to avoid an inconvenience (remember, having a child out of wedlock is no longer the disgrace it used to be!), then is it any wonder that people like this young woman wind up as she has? Maybe jail will be good for her. Maybe they will 'reach' her while 'kindness' (or, rather, permissiveness) has failed. I pray for her because her life is not going to be very long or very healthy the way things are going.
btownsend
Site Admin

Val:

I disagree with little you have ever posted!

Brock
Val Proto

btownsend wrote:
Val:

I disagree with little you have ever posted!

Brock

Those few times were probably the ones when I was wrong!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NamSouth Forum Index -> MAIN (No Longer Active) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: