NamSouth NamSouth

"Well, Govan, if we must die, let us die like men."
Gen. Patrick R. Cleburne

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Please Straighten This Person Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NamSouth Forum Index -> MAIN (No Longer Active)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btownsend
Site Admin

PostPosted:     Post subject: Please Straighten This Person Out Reply with quote

http://tinyurl.com/yu6wn6

(His two heroes are pictured at the top, Lee and Lincoln!? BT)
Evrviglnt

PostPosted:     Post subject: I'll straighten you out Reply with quote

Actually here at PoliticalViindication.com we change the "Lions" at the top of our blog every week. With Memorial Day just last Monday, I decided to pay respect to two men with the power of conviction - true Americans both - but who read their responsibility toward their country differently.

Lincoln believed that no country stands divided - Lee believed man's self determination survived only by power diffused - thus the federal V. states rights battle that raged at the heart of the Civil War.

On Memorial day we pray for all Americans who have fallen in service to America. As we contemplate surrendering to Islamic extremism, it is right that we respect the heroic heart of the fearless American.
btownsend
Site Admin

PostPosted:     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your courteous reply, and I am encouraged that you view the conflict in overall terms of states' rights, though I believe Lincoln's motives were less than honorable, and Lee was only following the wishes of our Founding Fathers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NamSouth Forum Index -> MAIN (No Longer Active) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: