NamSouth NamSouth

"Well, Govan, if we must die, let us die like men."
Gen. Patrick R. Cleburne

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

The End Of A Republic (My Citroen)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NamSouth Forum Index -> Memories Of The Republic Of South Vietnam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btownsend
Site Admin

PostPosted:     Post subject: The End Of A Republic (My Citroen) Reply with quote

(10/13/08. I just found this video of the same action. The foreign reporter who stated there were only 20 or 30 VC must have gone into the bushes to count them......!BT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk-WBJCbiW0&feature=related

This is a picture of the Newport bridge from Saigon to Long Binh. The VNCH soldiers are defending it, and if you could see right over the tree in the background, then you would be able to see my 1952 Citroen that I abandoned when I left. I was told that it was riddled with holes from the fighting there. Certainly wish I could have gotten a picture of it as such. Also, I left a chrome plated AK-47, a field recovered, rough AK-47, a M-2 carbine, a Chinese Communists officer's pistol, my .45 derringer, (more on this one later) and a Grease Gun. My in-laws said they threw them all down their well, because they didn't want the Communists to find them. The government paid me for everything I left there including my Citroen, but refused to pay for the weapons, because they stated we weren't supposed to have them!

Brock, Tu Duc 1974, '52 Citroen, wig, shades, my stomach pushed out, and a funny looking cigarette below. I had just gotten my car back from the paint shop.
http://tinyurl.com/ysntbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NamSouth Forum Index -> Memories Of The Republic Of South Vietnam All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: