NamSouth NamSouth

"Well, Govan, if we must die, let us die like men."
Gen. Patrick R. Cleburne

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Kerry, My View

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NamSouth Forum Index -> Memories Of The Republic Of South Vietnam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btownsend
Site Admin

PostPosted:     Post subject: Kerry, My View Reply with quote

Friday September 3, 2004 Tarboro, N.C. Serving Edgecombe County Updated at 2PM Monday - Friday

Editorial

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

'IT WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE TRAVESTY IF KERRY ELECTED'

As a 100 percent service-related disabled Vietnam Veteran with six total years in-country, I commend your editorial, Can we believe Kerry?

No, we cannot, sir.

What Kerry did in Vietnam is debatable, but what he did when he returned to this country is not and he should have been tried for treason as advocated by Gen. George S. Patton, III. I knew no one that *took cameras to Vietnam, much less "motion picture" ones as Kerry carried evidently to document his "heroic actions" for future political purposes.

Kerry also has the blood of many American and South Vietnamese soldiers/civilians on his hands, as his Vietnam Veterans Against the War group encouraged the North Vietnamese to keep fighting when hope was lost after Tet 1968. Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap, the architect of Dien Bien Phu, in his 1984 memoir, stated such. Additionally, Kerry's picture is **featured in the War Crimes Museum in Saigon as an anti-war activist whom the Communists wish to honor.

Although Kerry spat upon our veterans for their service in defense of freedom in South Vietnam, it would be the ultimate travesty to their honor, if he were to be elected president.

BROCK TOWNSEND, Tarboro

*Though we bought many once in-country.

**This had been removed when I visited in 2005.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NamSouth Forum Index -> Memories Of The Republic Of South Vietnam All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: