NamSouth NamSouth

"Well, Govan, if we must die, let us die like men."
Gen. Patrick R. Cleburne

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Bourbon, REL IV & Hell Week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NamSouth Forum Index -> MAIN (No Longer Active)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btownsend
Site Admin

PostPosted:     Post subject: Bourbon, REL IV & Hell Week Reply with quote

Virginia Gentleman and branch water, Sur!

My boyhood friend, Jay Adams, runs Bowman Distilleries, as he married into the family. His wife, Nina, was one of the most beautiful girls that I had ever seen, but there was a history of mental problems in the family, and unfortunately, she became afflicted. The last time I saw her, she put on a brave face, but it was heartbreaking for me. I treasure the silver clown bank they gave me.

If you look on the back of the bottle, you will see Jay's name/signature along with RE Lee IV, who, by the way, was also a KA. I was once proud of being one, but even the KA national has become PC driven, and my last exchange of letters with the powers to be, left no path for reconciliation.

During Hell Week, as a KA at Randolph-Macon, Ashland, Virginia, the pledges had to defend the Battle Flag that flew from a telephone post in the backyard of the fraternity house for 24 hours a day from pledges of other fraternities. Our class suffered one broken leg in defense of such. A fitting defense in honor of our ancestors!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NamSouth Forum Index -> MAIN (No Longer Active) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: